Zurich – The Advisory business of EY offers a broad range of functional and cross-country services dedicated to providing high-value and trusted advice to clients, with a specific focus on business transformation programs and financial management. Performance Improvement within FSO Advisory is part of an exciting journey to help Financial Services clients solve difficult business issues in areas ranging from Strategy, Customer, Operations and Finance to technology adaption and system implementation.
Spanning across the areas, regulation has become a key focus point for our clients. It has already changed the Financial Service (FS) industry fundamentally. And we believe that this will continue to be the case for the foreseeable future, judging from the numbering of the various regulations. As a response to our client’s needs our regulatory change team typically provides services around regulatory assurance, regulatory strategy and regulatory compliance. Due to market demand, we are now looking to further expand this team and are therefore hiring across the Manager or Senior Manager within the FSO Advisory Performance Improvement team in Zurich.
Task that you promote
- Work in a fast paced complex regulatory environment
- Develop a regulatory topic and support the executive management in the proposition development of the topic
- Lead different client engagements specifically on “regulatory assurance”-, “regulatory strategy”- and “regulatory compliance”- projects
- Work hands-on on helping our clients dealing with the regulatory complexity by being familiar with the regulatory requirements on an article level
- Work against tight timelines with constant change requirements and uncertainty
- Publish EY’s thought leadership on specific regulatory topics and speak at industry conferences as appropriate (depending on level)
- Constantly educate oneself on the latest regulatory requirements
- Work in an international environment where international teams and engagements are common and support the management in the international coordination
Your profile to succeed together:
- Given the complexity of our work, the ideal candidate combines technical regulatory expertise on an article level with FS industry experience
- Good to excellent understanding of the Retail Banking, Investment Banking, Asset/Wealth Management and/ or insurance industry ideally across multiple functions and asset classes
- Hands-on experience with one or multiple major regulations as a BA, PMO, PM, Program Director, etc.
- Good to excellent familiarity with the regulation on an article basis in e.g. MiFID II/ MiFIR, EMIR, CRS, the Basel accord, etc.
- University degree (Bachelor or Master) in Business Administration / Economics or equivalent or law, ideally complemented by international work / study experience in a relevant area
- Typically 6-12 years of full-time relevant working experience in a leading Financial Service firm and/or global management consultancy practice
- Fluent in English and German and/or French
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to demonstrate initiative and a flexible working style within multi-national team
- Experience in publishing viewpoints, thought leadership material or academic papers on regulatory topics highly beneficial
- Willingness to travel extensively, due to potential international regulatory assignments