Zurich – The rapidly growing Forensic Technology & Discovery Services department of EY is currently seeking the right candidate for an excellent career opportunity in the Forensic Data Analytics (“FDA”) team. This team represents a critical component to EY’s FTDS growth strategy and is where much of the innovative early thinking takes place.
The FDA team is a global group of technical specialists that practice the full life cycle of data management from the early stages of data scoping and capture, to its management, analysis and reporting. The nature of our work typically requires working with large datasets from disparate data sources to support fraud investigations and disputes for our clients covering a range of industries. This is achieved by combining deep forensic investigation knowledge with advanced data analytics techniques such as investigative data linking, social network analysis, statistics, artificial intelligence, machine learning and predictive modelling. You will have a unique, career changing opportunity to play a key role in the growth and strategy of the FDA group.
Tasks that you promote:
- Working on client engagement teams in carrying out both reactive and proactive data analysis of large volume of structured data involving a wide range of database management systems and financial platforms.
- Working with clients, fraud investigators, internal and external auditors, lawyers and regulatory authorities in sensitive and sometimes adversarial situations.
- Working in our specialist forensic technology data analytics labs and onsite to help clients leverage knowledge from their data through the application of advanced analytics.
Your profile to succeed together:
- Degree (Bachelor or Master) in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Economics, or related fields
- Strong track record of working with SAP ERP (Financials, Logistics, Human Capital Management)
- Understanding of at least one scripting language such as Python, Java Script; or programming languages such as SQL, Java, C++, C#
- Experience in extracting, analyzing, and processing large volumes of accounting data
- Experience in data analysis and manipulation with any of the following software: SQL Server, SAS, and IBM SPSS
- Experience with data visualization techniques and software packages like Tableau, Spotfire or IBM i2 Analyst
- 3-5 years of practical experience in a similar type of work
- Solid knowledge of accounting principles and experience in analyzing financial data
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong financial, analytical, technical, and interpersonal skills